Once MS Office 2010 gets launched, it will hamper the sales and popularity of the latest release, MS Office 2007. In order to maintain the balance, Microsoft is about to offer MS Office 2010 Technology Guarantee Program, similar to Windows 7 upgrade program. Using the Office 2010 upgradation program, users will be able to upgrade to Office 2010 from Office 2007 for free.
Charles Van Heusen, a Microsoft’s Technology Specialist commented in a blog post: “Microsoft Office 2010 Technology Guarantee Program will allow customer who buys qualifying Office 2007 product (with or without a new PC) from an authorized reseller between March 5 – September 30, 2010 to download and receive the corresponding Office 2010 for free, complete with activation product key.”
Since Office 2007 and Office 2010 runs on almost same system requirements, users will find it very easy and hassle free while upgrading MS Office versions. Computers that can run Office 2007 will also be able to run Office 2010 properly.
How to Avail free Office 2010 Upgrade Program:
- Purchase Office 2007 from an authorized reseller between March 5 – September 30, 2010
- Install and activate Office 2007 by September 30, 2010
- Request the free upgrade to Office 2010 by October 31, 2010
- You are done.
- Office Home and Student 2007 >> Office Home & Student 2010
- Office Standard 2007 >> Office Home and Business 2010
- Office Small Business 2007 >> Office Professional 2010
- Office Professional 2007 >> Office Professional 2010
- Microsoft Publisher 2007 >> Microsoft Publisher 2010
In order to upgrade, users can download Office 2010 free or even can order a DVD from Microsoft (chargeable). Users also need to request for the free Office 2010 upgrade product key by October 31, 2010 by providing the activated Office 2007 product Key and dated sales receipt.